Nothing is Forgotten – a collection of best Kanpur stories.
Is Kanpur, once known as The Manchester of the East and one of the oldest industrial townships of North India, fast becoming a forgotten city? We invite all residents of the city of Kanpur to help save our city by using the magic of words.
Inknuts Multimedia Solutions presents Pen it down writing awards 2013. An initiative of Aksamala – An imprint of Inknuts Multimedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd., to recognise emerging writers in Kanpur and to promote fresh short fiction.
We invite original pieces of fiction, as per the guidelines listed below from everyone – the young and the old, the working and the non working, the funny and the serious, the happy and the melancholic, the babblers and the thinkers…
The ten best stories will be published as an anthology Nothing is Forgotten – a collection of best Kanpur stories. And an opportunity to publish a full fledged novel for Aksamala.
- We invite entries from all those living in Kanpur using the city of Kanpur as a starting point, an ending, or as the nucleus of your story.
- The story has to be a piece of fiction or a memoir.
All entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 01, 2013. Please be sure to state your full name, age, location, and occupation in your email. Emails should be sent using the subject line ‘Submission: Nothing is Forgotten’ and should also include a photograph and a short bio of yourself (two or three lines; written in third-person).The story has to be a piece of fiction or a memoir.
Alternatively, you can fill the online form or download the form from here and mail it to: Inknuts Multimedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mercury House, 17/11 A, The Mall, Kanpur – 208001
- Only one entry per person
- Story to accompany a proof of residence of the writer. The acceptable proofs are: Voter ID card, passport, Adhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card
- Word count: the story should not exceed 2500 words
- Language: English
- The story should be typed
- Font: arial
- Font size: 11
- Font colour: black
- All entries must be sent to us as email attachments in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format only. Do not send us documents in PDF, TXT, or RTF format.
- Do NOT paste your entry in the body of the email.
- All entires should be original creative works by participants
- Plagiarised pieces will be disqualified
- Any awards granted to these participants will be withdrawn
- The participant will be banned from participating in all Pen it Down Writing Awards in future
- Copyright for manuscripts selected for awards will be the exclusive property of Inknuts Multimedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd. By submitting the story the participant agrees to the terms of release.
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions for language and grammar, and to suit the presentation and available space. Wherever possible, the author will be consulted on any additions or changes. In any disputes, the judgement of the editors/judges will be final.
The contest is closed and we are not accepting anymore entries. The stories by the following have been shortlisted:
Amit Karn, Ajay Mohan Jain, Paroma Sen, Fatima Mahmood, Pankhuri Mehrotra, Niraj Nigam, Bhavika Mathur, Jaikishan, Hrishabh Patel + 3 Anonymous Writers.
More details to follow.